1/14/13

resolution? well...not really.....


Over the years I have had different jobs that allowed different liberties.....some of those jobs were restrictive, or demanded a good bit of my time mentally (whether or not I wanted them to).  
So, of course like many others the activity that I loved dropped off.....
I am in a position right now where I can run down to the beach at lunch time and relax my mind by flying!

So.....I am trying to get out flying at least once a week.....I know it is not THAT restrictive of an attempt - but I am being real about it (a skeptic mayhaps?)....
If I can get myself out of the office or house at least 52 times to fly that is enough for me at this time....maybe next year i will go for two times a week....

I will be going through my bags to find some of those neat or different kites that end up tucked away in the bottom of the bag and do not come often enough....

So.....
Last week I was able to get out a couple of times....I have been working on rehabbing a handful of 25 year old kites and therefor i need to get out to test them....that helps!

Starting this week off strong as it is sunny, windy, and 60 dang degrees here in Gloucester Massachusetts in January!!!   Pulled out a Christophe Tournay leaf kite to fly....
(a guy walked up to chat with me as he was drawn to it since the kite is a maple leaf and he is Canadian....Love the relationships that form around kites!!!!).

You can follow my attempt (photos and all) on Twitter at hashtag #Flayakiteaweek.  
Any one dare say i might not make it?

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment